As it is seen that many WordPress themes and plugins are available so before moving to the topic, first question arises: how to select the trustworthy WordPress themes and plugins?
To select the trustworthy WordPress themes and plugins, following steps will be undertaken:
1.Believe on the directory of WordPress : WordPress directory contain so many themes and plugins and it is maintain by a team of contributors but this maintenance does not have any worth as they act very quickly on the reports which contain untrustworthy content and the themes and plugins which are abusive are generally removed.
2. Number of downloads and review : WordPress dictionary contain no. of downloads and review, plugin which has few downloads is not trustworthy but the plugin which has more than 1, 00,000 downloads is consider trustworthy. Reviews also tell which themes and plugins are trustworthy by telling you their rating out of 5. If rating comes 1 or 2 out of 5, then they will consider as untrustworthy but if rating comes 3, 4, or 5 out of 5, then it is vice-versa.
3. See the support area : Every theme and plugin have their own support areas but with that they also contain several issues also. Thus, we have to see that which themes and plugins do not contain issues, so that they can be consider as trustworthy.
4. Updated themes and plugins : As WordPress contain a no. of themes and plugins, so the plugin which is not updated in more than 2 years, should be avoid and select the plugin which is updated as it contain new features and process which developers required to be compatible with the current version.
5.Free themes should not be downloaded : Free themes are available on the web in general but it is harmful to your site as it affect its performance and security ,so it is not trustworthy but the themes which cost are genuine. But it is not same with plugin; there are few plugins which are free and trustworthy also.
6. Developers should be tested :Themes and plugins are developed by the developers but it is necessary to test the developers also because sometimes their theme does not comply with WordPress and thus they are not trustworthy.
7. Take a simple test : A simple test should be done to see if there is anything wrong in the code of the theme, it is suggested to use WordPress themes which contain correct code of the themes and thus themes are consider to be trustworthy but the themes which are having some problem in their coding should not be purchased as it can be harmful to your site.
Now after going through the steps of choosing the trustworthy themes and plugins, next question arises:
What are the trustworthy WordPress themes and plugins available?
First we talk about plugins-Improved text widget, Backup plug-in,SEO Plug-in, Notification plug-in, Secure plug-in, Event plug-in, E-Commerce plug-in, Appointment plug-in, Removing spam, WordPress form plugins, Social media plug-in, Speed improvement plug-in, Interesting business blog plug-in, Brand plug, Advertisement plug-in, Admin bar plug-in, Question answer plug-in, Sidebars plug-in, Improved text widget, Backup plug-in, SEO Plug-in etc.
Now themes : Tint, Mono, Wootique, Leather, Laigus, Ecomicro, Briefcase, Zenshop, Urban city, Ultima, Panoramica, Grid, Bunker, Illustrious, Align etc.
Above given names of few trustworthy themes and plugins, besides them some more are available.